|author||Omar Polo <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2020-08-21 12:34:29 +0200|
|committer||Omar Polo <email@example.com>||2020-08-21 12:34:29 +0200|
|-rw-r--r--||preview.png||bin||0 -> 23424 bytes|
2 files changed, 21 insertions, 11 deletions
@@ -1,7 +1,8 @@
Just another variant of the dvorak layout, made for programmers that
- need also to type in non-english languages.
+ need also to type in non-english languages (mainly Italian and maybe
+ other European languages.)
@@ -10,25 +11,34 @@
** Current status
- This project is in its early stage of development. I'm still
- looking for some ideas and feedback so the placement of some keys
- may change, until a stable release.
+ I've been using this for some years now, and for a very long time
+ without modifying it, so I think I can consider it finished.
+ There may still be improvements to made, and I would like to
+ include a =patch= directory in the future with some "popular"
Just put the =dvp-eu= file in some decent place, like
- =/usr/X11R6/share/X11/xkb/symbols/= on OpenBSD, and =loadkeys
- dvp-eu=. Than you're done!
+ =/usr/X11R6/share/X11/xkb/symbols/= on OpenBSD, the load it with
+ =setxkbmap=. In my =.xsession= I have:
+ #+begin_src sh
+ setxkbmap dvorak -option # remove all options
+ setxkbmap dvp-eu -option lv3:ralt_switch -option ctrl:swapcaps
- Given that, as of now, the layout is still not definitive, I'm not
- providing any preview of the placement. I'll provide one when it
- will be finished. As of now, you can get a preview of the keyboard
+ #+CAPTION: The keyboard (caps lock and control aren't switched by the layout)
+ #+NAME: fig:preview
+ The preview was generated with:
- setxkbmap dvp-eu -print | xkbcomp - - | xkbprint - - | ps2pdf -pict all - > dvp-eu.pdf
+ setxkbmap dvp-eu -print | xkbcomp - - | xkbprint - - > dvp-eu.ps
diff --git a/preview.png b/preview.pngBinary files differ
new file mode 100644