|author||Omar Polo <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2020-10-01 13:07:57 +0200|
|committer||Omar Polo <email@example.com>||2020-10-01 13:07:57 +0200|
improved readme. also mention bison
Diffstat (limited to 'README.md')
1 files changed, 13 insertions, 5 deletions
@@ -13,19 +13,27 @@ Check out the [manpage](star-platinum.1) for more information.
+OpenBSD' `lex` and `yacc` were tested, as well as `bison` 3.3.2, GNU
+gcc 4.2.1 and 8.4.0, and clang 10.0.1
Configuration for the build process can be found in `config.mk`, but
you usually don't need to modify it: passing the variables to make
should be enough. For instance, to build with `gcc`
+`bison` can be used instead of `yacc` by changing the `YACC` variable
+ make YACC=bison
- - *something something* bison *something something*
+Unless you are compiling on OpenBSD, you probably want to change the
+default `CFLAGS` and `LDFLAGS`.
- `star-platinum` should build with GNU `bison` and flex, but I've
- still not tried. `bison` has some defaults different from `yacc`
- IIRC, so additional flags may be needed.
+If `etags` is available, a `TAGS` file is created. Note however that
+`etags` is **not needed** for building: it's only a support tool used
+to aid the development.
- the name is a jojo reference?